If you live in a cold place, you know how hard it can be to stay motivated to run, hike, stay active or simply go outside.
The goal of the 60° North Run is to help you beat that. With a challenge to start the year running, walking or skiing 60km, 120km or 180km over the month of January 2023 to celebrate the beginning of the year in an epic way, at the same time that you become part of the most supportive and motivated community, the Winter Warriors.
Why is it called the 60° North Run?
Image by: By Bazonka - Based on Image:Canada (geolocalisation).svg by EOZyo, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=21554932
60° Parallel Fun Facts
- It crosses the following countries: Canada, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Finland, United Stated and United Kingdom.
- More than 40% of Canada’s total area is located above the 60th parallel.
- The biggest Canadian cities above the 60th parallel are Whitehorse and Dawson City in Yukon, Yellowknife and Inuvik in the Northwest Territories and Iqaluit in Nunavut.
- Although it lies approximately twice as far away from the Equator as from the North Pole, the 60th parallel is half as long as the Equator line, due to the cosine of 60 degrees being 0.5. This is where the Earth bulges halfway as much as on the Equator.
- There is a visitor Center in the border of Alberta an NWT. It’s a great place to stop and get that souvenir photo as you cross the Alberta/NWT border. The Park’s visitor information centre has a small campground and a scenic picnic area overlooking the beautiful Hay River.
We are a Canadian company that provides high-quality running experiences and training powered by our expertise and state-of-the-art technology.
Our team of experienced coaches and trainers will work with you to help you reach your running goals, whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete.
We offer a wide range of A.I. training programs, personalized coaching, and exciting running events that will help you take your running to the next level.
Join us and discover the benefits of our technology-driven approach to running training and experiences.
We have your Back
With more than 10,000 people participating in our challenges, our experienced race organizers will be with you every step of the way! We’ll set up ways for you to stay connected with fellow runners, stay motivated, and keep track of all the results and accomplishments.
Who knew a challenge could be so much fun!